- Ondo, Edo Polls: Real outcomes of APC governors with Tinubu Revealed
- 2020 Gov Polls: Adojutelegan's Ambition receives boost in Ondo North
- 2020 Guber race: I'll return Free Education, Healthcare to Ondo if..... —Kekemeke
- Ondo 2020: Why I'm sure of securing Reelection under APC —Akeredolu
- Ondo Speaker, Oleyelogun leads first Church service in Two months
By: Ade Adeleke
The crisis rocking Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo (RUGIPO) has taken a new dimension as the embattled Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic, RUGIPO chapter, Comrade Oluwadare Ijawoye and his Secretary, Comrade Ade Arikawe allegedly dismissed by the management of the institution on Tuesday, have described the sack as a joke and illegal.
In a reaction to the decision of the authorities, Ijawoye said the issue was already in court and the school was not expected to take any action until the case was ruled on.
The ASUP Chairman also described as unlawful and strange to the law, the decision of the Banji Alabi chaired Governing Council to confirm the appointment of the Polytechnic’s Acting Rector, Gani Ogundahunsi.
The Union had alleged the Principal officers and the Chairman of the governing Council, Mr Banji Alabi of monumental corruption and allegedly misappropriating the institution’s scarce resources.
“I’m displeased to note that the appointment is illegal as the Rector in question didn’t qualify for the job. As we speak, he is over age, he is more than the required age of 59 years for would- be Rector should be.
“However, the ASUP will take the necessary action against it. The action of Council chairman is illegal. Despite Industrial Court verdict that status quo ante should remain, , he went ahead to sack us. We shall approach court for redress.