- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
Authorities of Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti has suspended the first semester examination which was scheduled to begin on Monday 17th of June by two weeks.
The Registrar of the institution, Mr Akin Arogundade announced in a statement in Ado-Ekiti that the examination would now start on Monday, 1st of July.
The postponement according to him, was to ensure security of lives and properties on campus and its environs as well as to give enough time for the students to prepare very well since they claimed that they were given little time.
He explained that all academic activities on campus have been postponed till Monday 1st of July, while students are expected back on campus on Sunday, 30th of June.
The Registrar directed all students preparing for exams to ensure payment of necessary fees, as evidences of payment would be used for clearance and examination permit.
Mr Arogundade assured the University community,parents ,and Guardians of adequate security on campus as well as the safety of staff and students.
Students of the institution had earlier staged a peaceful protest over the date of the examination.
During the protest, the students appealed to EKSU management to postpone the date of the examination to enable them prepare very well