- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
As part of the efforts being made to reposition his cabinet for optimum performance aimed at ensuring that the administration delivers on its mandate to the people, the Governor of Ondo State, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, on Monday sacked three commissioners in his cabinet.
The Governor made the announcement at the end of the State Executive Council meeting, held on Monday, inside the Exco Chamber of the Governor’s Office, Akure.
Three commissioners were relieved of their duties.
1. Prince Solagbade Amodeni of the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development.
2. Rt. Hon. Taofiq Abdusalam of the Ministry of Works and Infrastructures.
3. Alhaji Ismaila Olurimisi of the Ministry of Culture & Tourism.
In Press Statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Segun Ajiboye, the Governor thanked the three of them for service to the good people of Ondo State and wish them well in their future endeavours.
They are also directed to handover all government’s property in their possession to the Permanent Secretaries of their respective ministries.
The Governor has therefore nominated the following for the position of commissioners:
1. Mrs Yetunde Adeyanju
2. Mrs Titilayo Adeyemi
3. Mr Temitayo Oluwatuyi
4. Hon. Fatai Olotu
5. Akindotun Olubunmi Owanikin Esq
The names of the nominees will be forwarded to the state House of Assembly for confirmation.
Similarly, Governor Akeredolu has appointed two new Special Advisers. They are:
1. Hon Babatunde Kolawole
2. Hon Oyebo Aladetan
Governor Akeredolu wishes the new appointees well in their new offices.
He vows that the people will continue to be at the centre of the policies of his administration, while he continues to deliver the dividends of good governance to the people of the state.