- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
Worried by illegal sale of land and alleged high handedness, residents of Oke Iya community in Akure, the Ondo State capital on Friday demanded that the Deji of Akure ,Oba Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade should depose their traditional Head and Olu of Oke-Iya, Chief Gabriel Oloruntoba over
The aggrieved residents who are mostly youths and a few elders protested to the palace of Deji of Akure with different placards and chanting of songs to call for the removal of chief Oloruntoba as the Olu of Oke Iya due to various allegations levelled against him.
Some of the protesters, Adesoye Oluwatoye and Boluwaji Ogundele told SUNSHINETRUTH that there had been unrest in the community for the past two years as chief Oloruntoba was allegedly engaging in illegal activities and threatening residents of Oke Iya with thugs while he sold lands illegally.
Reacting, the Olu of Oke Iya, Chief Oloruntoba denied all allegations against him, noting that efforts by some elders in the community to unseat him would fail.
Addressing the protesters, Oba Aladetoyinbo promised to launch investigation into the matter.
The Monarch however added that he would not hesitate to remove the Olu of Oke Iya if found guilty as he would not force any Chief to rule any Community.