- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
A 7-year-old girl, Faith Godspower and her sister, 4-year-old Marvelous Godspower have been killed in a building collapse in Ondo town as wall of their parents’ room fell on them when they were sleeping.
The incident happened at No: 23 Ayesanmi street, Odojomu Ondo in Ondo state between 3:30-4pm on Thursday when rain was falling.
According to the father of the late siblings who is a commercial driver, Joseph Godspower said he was at Ore when the rain started and rushing home in order to evacuate the children from the house due to the flood they normally encountered during raining season but he was held up at Awolope junction for about 4 hours on that day which prevented him from taking the children out before the house flooded.
SUNSHINETRUTH learnt that the deceased’s children, Mr Godspower Joseph and his wife Esther Godspower and the children were living in a room upstairs.
However, residents of the community tried to rescue the children out of the room upstairs while their mother and the third child were down stairs.
It was learnt that their mother who fainted immediately, is still in the state hospital in Ondo town where she is receiving treatment.
The incident was later reported at Enuowa police station.