- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
……. visits Amnesty Boss
By: Ade Adeleke
Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has called for the continuous assessment of the Presidential amnesty programme.
The governor spoke yesterday when he visited the Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme and Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta affairs, Prof. Charles Dokubo.
Ondo state is one of the nine oil-producing states in the Country.
The Governor said beneficiaries must use their experience and training to develop themselves and the nation.
Akeredolu stressed the need to also allow other repentant militants to be incorporated into the program.
The Governor, in company of his Commissioner for Lands and Housing, Mr. Donald Ojogo and the Chairman of the Ondo State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (OSOPADEC) Hon Olugbenga Edema, said the Federal government must have budgetary provision for the amnesty office to run the program effectively, noting that proper funding would also enable more people to benefit.