- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
The Ondo State National and State Assembly election Petition Tribunal sitting in Akure on friday dismissed a petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate, Oladapo Abiola against the election of Hon. Wale Williams of All Progressive Congress (APC) as a member of the State House of Assembly from Ondo west constituency 2.
When the case came up today, 7th of June, 2019 for Petitioners to open their case, their Counsel, Olusola Oke applied for the withdrawal of the Election Petition.
The Trial Tribunal thereafter after hearing all Respondents Counsels not opposing the application of Petitioners to withdraw the petition dismiss the petition Hon Wale Williams election was consequently affirmed.