- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
*COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE MONTHLY CONGRESS OF THE NIGERIA UNION OF JOURNALISTS, (NUJ), ONDO STATE COUNCIL, HELD ON 30TH MAY, 2019 AT THE PRESS CENTRE, ALAGBAKA-AKURE.*
Various issues concerning welfare of members and the Nation at large were discussed during the Congress and the following decisions were reached;
1: That the Congress advised President Muhammadu Buhari to form his cabinet without unnecessary delay and initiate policies that will improve welfare of an average Nigerian during his second term.
2. That the State Council of NUJ frowns at rising case of insecurity orchestrated by suspected herdsmen in the Country especially in the South west zone where a Monarch was allegedly assaulted in his palace in Akokoland and called on Security Agencies and State governors to come up with better strategies to end kidnapping, killings and highway attacks in the region.
3. That the Union which bemoaned poor condition of most Federal roads in Ondo state such as Akure-Ikere Ekiti road, Idoani-Ifira-Isua road and Ikare-Okeagbe Akoko to Omuo- Ekiti road and called on the government to fix the affected federal roads to discourage criminality and boost transportation.
4. That the Congress while commending governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu for agreeing to pay the new minimum wage, advised the Presidential Committee on Negotiations to fasttrack work on the figures for the new minimum wage, to ensure that workers are not shortchanged and urged the committee to release its report without further unwarranted delay in the implementation of the new wage.
5. That the Congress congratulated all journalists nationwide who were appointed recently across the states of the federation as Media Aides including the NUJ Deputy President, Comrade Murktar Gidado and enjoined them to use the opportunities to improve journalism and the practitioners.
6. The State NUJ commended our National President, Comrade Chris Iziguso for facilitating the engagement between the INEC and NUJ leaders in the Country which culminated in the Interactive Fora held in Abuja and Enugu recently; enjoining him to sustain such laudable programmes that will benefit more members nationwide.
*COMMUNIQUÉ DRAFTING COMMITTEE* :
1. Segun Giwa (Correspondents)
2. Kayode Animasaun (FRCN)
3. Ralph Oguntibeju (NOA)