- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
Yoruba Youth Council Worldwide.
Ladies and gentle men of the press, greetings.
Keeping silence in the face of tyranny is the worse of all cowardice. On this occasion of the annual celebration of all Yoruba Youths under the umbrella of Yoruba Youths Council Worldwide, we want to tell the world and most especially, the power that be that we the Youth are not happy with the situation of things as it is currently in the country and across the Odua nation.
If we speak, we shall die, and if we don’t we will still die, only that if we speak, there’s every chance of saving others and perhaps, ourselves too.
It is quite obvious that our Youths are no longer proud of their country, our freedom is only on paper, our economy is dwindling, there is no justice for the common man, our graduates are unemployed, our parents are famished, our farmers are dying in the hands of herders, and yet our government is failing. The saying that youths are the leaders of tomorrow as become a future impossible tense and there is yet no glimpse of any light at the end of the tunnel.
We are reiterating the fact that most (if not all) of our Youths no longer believe in this system of government which is founded on deception, selfishness and personal interest of some few gladiators who have determined to remain in the corridor of power forever even against the will of the majority.
We have demanded the arrest and immediate prosecution of all the herders that are involved in kidnapping, maiming, killing and destroying of innocent lives in Yoruba land as well as identifying their major sponsors, and we have forwarded an open statement to the concerned authorities with respect to this as well as what will be our subsequent actions if nothing is done within the stipulated time given.
While we are appreciating all the Youth groups under this noble umbrella (YYC), who has in one way or the other joined their voices with ours in fighting the menace bedeviling us through the Fulani herders, we have however resolved to patiently wait for the resolution of our leaders (the faithful ones) whom we believe are seriously putting heads together in a tete a tete to come out with their resolutions on the next line of action before we finally embarked on the supposed “Operation Sweap Clean (Folumo)” as suggested by one of us.
We are also using this medium to call on our fellow Yorubawas in Diaspora, most especially those that are living in the Fulani dominated area of the northern part of Nigeria to be preparing to move back home once we are left with no other option than to revolt.
At this juncture, wee want to encourage our Youths across the nation to be battle ready to fight, defend and rescue Odua nation from the hands of this evil men who are ransacking our communities with no aim other than Fulanizing our land and Islamizing our people. We also call on Youth organizations especially from the Eastern and other Southern states to please join us in rescuing our land from the hands of these evil men.
Thanks and God bless you all.
National Deputy Spokesman, YYC
SIMILARLY, TWO WEEKS YYC RAISED THE ALARM
The leadership of Yoruba Youth Council; a pan-african social democratic body representing all Yoruba Youths at home and in diaspora, saddled with the responsibility of protecting the overall interest of all Yoruba Youths and the Odua nation at large, has at an emergency meeting summoned by the national President Comrade Eric Oluwole and attended by representatives of each member state in response to scores of distress calls received from different part of the nation regarding the incessant kidnapping and striking of some Criminals parading themselves as Fulani herdsmen around our States.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that there have reported killings and Kidnapping in parts of Ondo state, Highways in Osun/Oyo states particularly roads from Ibadan-Ile Ife- Ilesa-Akure- Ekiti to Owo -Akoko to Kogi/Edo state.
After a long deliberation which lasted for hours, we have been able to reach some compromises as stated below…
1. That we are fully aware that these criminals masquerading as herdsmen are being daily loaded in with trucks and vans into different part of our nation.
2. That we are aware that many of these criminals are abating and hibernating under some few unscrupulous, self-centered individuals among the Yoruba leaders who because of their desperate desire for gains are betraying the interest of the land.
3. That we have resolved to do everything possible, using every resources at our disposal and which is within the confinement of the law to fight, defend and to resist the incessant strikings and kidnappings by these criminal forces.
4. That we are calling on the leadership of Afenifere to as a matter of urgency summon an emergency meeting where they should put heads together and declare their position on this looming crisis which if not properly and immediately addressed could lead to revolts from our angry Youths.
4b. That the Aare-Ona-Kakanfo, the Oni of Ife, the Alaafin of Oyo and other powerful Kings and leaders in Yoruba land should come together and agree on feasible line of actions which will go beyond words on papers, fishing out the bad heads and betrayals in the land whoever they may be and providing the necessary supports for us the Youths in resisting these desperate attempt by the Fulanis to wipe out our generation and take over our land.
5. That we call on the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, all the Southwest Governors and Governors elect and every concerned personalities in positions of authority, that neglecting their personal political differences and interest which is obviously dividing the Yoruba nation beyond reasonable understanding, should come together and address this issue before it will galvanize to national crisis.
6. That we call on the Inspector general of police to set up panels and committee which is capable of investigating the root of these problems while we still have the time. How are these people being weaponized? Who are those sponsoring them and responsible for bringing them in enmass and what is the cause that they are fighting?
6b. That the Nigerian Police should issue a statement not later than 2 weeks and state their position on how these people are being able to transfer their weapons of warfare, beating all checking points on their way, and why there has been no prosecution of any of those they claimed to have arrested so far? We demand an emergency investigation into all the recent kidnappings, maiming and killing of farmers across the nation and all that are involved prosecuted. Otherwise, they should declare to the general public that they are no longer fit and capable of protecting the Yoruba nation and hence, giving us the go ahead to fight and defend ourselves.
7. That we call on all well-meaning members of the international communities and organizations, especially, government of the United States of America, authorities of the United nations, African Union and ECOWAS, to be at alert and be ready to give the Yoruba nation the necessary support which may be needed at the time when revolt may be the only option of the Yoruba Youths in resisting these desperate criminals from wiping out our generation.
8. That we have sent a letter of notification to all the Youth Organizations across the Yoruba nation on the need to be prepared and the readiness to rise and defend the interest of the land at the time when we shall call on them.
On these positions we stand.
Thank you all and God bless you.
National Deputy Spokesman and Chairman, YYC, Ondo State.