- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
The Senator representing Ondo North and Chairman, Senate Committee on Science and Technology, Prof Ajayi Boroffice has been appointed the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Africa Project Against Suicide (APAS) in Nigeria.
The letter of appointment was signed on behalf of Africa Project Against Suicide by its International Director, Pastor Honey Olawale and the National Coordinator of APAS, Pharmacist Sotunde Adenike.
APAS said the emergence of Prof. Ajayi Boroffice as its BOT chairman is in order to expedite the realization of the vision to create a safer Africa that is free of suicide.
According to a statement by the Senator’s Press Secretary, Kayode Fakuyi, the lawmaker would lead Africa Project Against Suicide (APAS) in the mission to mobilize human and capital resources, to collaborate with relevant stakeholders.
It will also manage partnerships to reduce cases of suicide and provide support to those affected by it, through public campaigns, training, mentoring, economic empowerment and research.