- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
Report says a section of St Andrew Grammar school, Ondo town has collapsed resulting in the death of one student.
The partial collapse of the school located at Ondo town, Ondo West LG, happened around noon, today, during school hours
A 14year-old female student of Junior Secondary School-3 identified as Esther Akinrinola, is the only victim as blocks that fell from the school building landed on her head.
An eyewitness who confirmed the collapse to SaharaReporters said the girl was taken to the Ondo State Teaching Hospital for medical attention.
However, a resident of the community who helped in carrying the student to the hospital said she had breathed her last before getting to the hospital.
The Principal of the school, who was simply identified as Mr Oladunjoye has reportedly fled the school.
Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force have arrived at the school, barricading the entrance and not allowing anyone go in or out.
Confirming the incident to SUNSHINE TRUTH, the State Police Public relations officer (PPRO), Mr Femi Joseph who said one student died in the tragedy while the Principal of the school, Mr Sunday Olagundoye had been arrested.