- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
Members of the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, SWAN, Ondo state Chapter today filed out to elect new officers to pilot the affairs of the Association in the next three years.
During the Tri-Annual Congress of the Association held at the NUJ Press Centre, Akure, the former executives of the ONDO SWAN were dissolved and election was conducted for new for executives.
Wahab Bankole of the OSRC chapel emerged unopposed as the new State Chairman to succeed Akintunde Akinsemola who had completed his second term in office.
Segun Giwa of NAN was returned as the secretary for the second term, Isaac Afolabi of Radio Nigeria Positive FM also retained the position of the State Assistant Secretary and Olubunmi Afuye of Orange FM emerged Financial Secretary.
A former board member of the Nigeria football association and Chairman Sunshine stars Mr Steve Alabi urged members of association to always promote local sports and be objective in their reportage.
Mr Alabi who frowned at the level of hooliganism of soccer fans advised regular sensitization of sports fans across the country.
In a lecture, a Veteran Sports Journalist, Mr Ayo Ogedengbe said government could use sports to promote national tranquility in the country if well managed, calling on stakeholders to always invest in sports development.