- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
There was a confusion at Akoko area at the weekend when three wedding guests travelling in a Toyota Corolla car and Mitsubishi Pick-up Van heading for a wedding at Ikare Akoko have been reportedly abducted by unknown gunmen along Auga-Ikare road in Akoko North east local government area of Ondo state.
The victims who are all male, were picked up on the same spot where Olori Agunloye, the wife of the Alauga of Auga and her driver were kidnapped last year between Auga and Ise Akoko.
A woman who is a wife to one of the victims was left with her two children to report the case for possible negotiation for ransom.
The police in Ikare in conjunction with vigilante group are now combing the bush to rescue the victims and arrest the criminals.
The Alauga of Auga, Oba Samuel Agunloye said two things must be applied to eliminate or reduce the menace, adding that for kidnapping and other criminality to be reduced, there should be Army formation with police outpost in the area.
The monarch noted that Ipele-Isua-Auga Akunu-kabba federal highway needed to be rehabilitated for free flow of vehicles.
The kidnappers are yet to contact the families of the kidnapped wedding guests.