- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
Afrobeat singer, Seun Kuti, has commended Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, for highlighting the need for the state to tap into the legal marijuana market.
On his Instagram page, Kuti shared a screenshot of Governor Akeredolu’s tweet on the matter and hinted at a possible relocation to Ondo State.
He captioned the screenshot, “Ehn Mr excellency sir, if you want me to move to your state, just say so. This beating about the bush is unnecessary. Afrobeat is about to switch home base y’all. Just imagine one good joint for my back ache then better Ondo pounded yam to heal my stomach pain, nuff said
Governor Akeredolu had on Tuesday revealed that Ondo State had embarked on a medical marijuana cultivation initiative.
Akeredolu tweeted, “Our focus now is Medical Marijuana cultivation in controlled plantations under the full supervision of the @ndlea_nigeria. I strongly implore the FG to take this seriously as it is a thriving industry that will create 1000’s of jobs for our youth & spur economic diversification.
“We all know that Ondo State is the hotbed of cannabis cultivation in Nigeria. We know how to grow it and it thrives well in the Sunshine State. With an estimated value of $145 billion in 2025, we would be shortchanging ourselves if we failed to tap into the legal marijuana market”, Akeredolu tweeted