- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
The Christians Association of Nigeria, CAN in the Southwest on Tuesday urged the Federal government to intensify efforts to secure the release of Leah Sharibu who is in the captivity of Boko Haram.
The Southwest zone leadership of the Christian Body also urged Nigerians not to relent in fervent prayers for the safe return on the girl who has spent four hundred and forty nine days in captivity.
Leadership of CAN converged on Akure the Ondo State Capital to engage in intercessory prayers on behalf of Leah Sharibu and to celebrate her sixteenth birthday.
The CAN Chairman in Ondo State , Reverend Ayo Oladapo who commended the Federal government for its efforts to ensure the release of Leah Sharibu noted that more still needed to be done.
On his part, Ogun CAN Chairman, Bishop Tunde Akin- Akinsanya assured the family of Leah that hope is not lost on her release.
The Lagos CAN Chairman, Apostle Alexander Bamgbola urged Christians to emulate the faith of Leah whenever they were faced with tribulations.
SUNSHINETRUTH learnt that a birthday cake was cut in commemoration of Leah’s birthday while prayer session was offered for the successful 2019 general election.