- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Muhammad Abubakar Sa’ad III has declared tomorrow Monday, as Ramadan 1, 1440 A.H, marking the beginning of the month-long compulsory fast.
The Amir-ul-Mu’mineen of the Nigerian Muslims and Sultan of Sokoto made the announcement via @moonsightingng, the official Twitter handle of the National Moon Sitting Committee of the NSCIA at exactly 8:29pm on Sunday.
Earlier, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, Secretary – General, Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) had confirmed the sighting of the new moon of Ramadan in some states in Nigeria.
The NSCIA scribe confirmed the sighting of the moon in Sokoto, Kebbi and Yobe states and wish the Muslims happy Ramadan fast.