- Breaking: Four confirmed dead in Ondo Boat mishap, 19 injured
- APC Congress: Rep Adefisoye congratulates Adetimehin, lauds his leadership qualities
- How Akeredolu helped us achieved hitch-free Congress in Ondo —APC
- SUN Award: APC Assembly Hopeful Adewole ‘Major Dee’ celebrates Betty Akeredolu
- Ondo APC Congress: Your victory gladdens our Heart —Babatunde Kolawole to Adetimehin
By: Ade Adeleke
The Ondo State Police Command has confirmed the arrest Deji Adenuga who set a family of nine ablaze at Igbodigo in Okitipupa Local Government Area of the State, following a disagreement he had with his estranged girlfriend, Titi Sanumi.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr. Femi Joseph, confirmed the arrest on the telephone.
Joseph said the suspect had been arrested and would be paraded Tuesday at the command’s headquarters, Igbatoro road, Akure, the state capital.
He was nabbed at Ijebu-Ode in Ogun state where he went to hide.
He was said to have been jailed for killing his wife in 2012.
He escaped from the Olokuta Prison in Akure in 2013 following a jailbreak.
“A 40yrs old man named Mr Adenuga (full name not known yet) Who lives at Ayeka Igbodigo in okitipupa local government area of Ondo State. Was an ex convicted that was imprisoned for 8yrs over the murder of one businesswoman and his ex girlfriend”.
“After his release, he had another girlfriend who never knew he was an ex convict. On realising that her boyfriend is an ex convict, she decided to cut off the relationship, but Mr Adenuga wouldn’t give up easily, he threatened her that he will burn down her family house if she ends the relationship with him”.
“He carried out his threat on the eve of Easter Monday by burning down his girlfriend’s family house with her family in it while sleeping at night. But his girlfriend was not at home as at the time. Immediately after he committed the crime”.