- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
Members and leaders of the labour Unions in Ondo state will today file out to elect new Executives for the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Ondo State chapter.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that the election which will take place at the NUT House, Akure will also be held simultaneously across the thirty six States and the FCT.
Positions to be contested include Chairman, Vice chairman one, Vice chairman Two, Treasurer, Two Auditor and Two Ex- Officio.
Speaking on the election, Chairman, Electoral Committee and Ondo state JNC Chairman, Comrade Opeyemi Oloniyo said the state NLC was unique as all the positions would be filled through consensus.
At the NLC SEC meeting recently in Akure, the Acting Chairman of the Congress, Comrade Tayo Ogunleye was confirmed as the substantive NLC Chairman after acting for more than seven months.
Ogunleye said today’s NLC election would be a gathering for NLC members and workers to celebrate as there would be no serious contest but there would be what he called “a line-up”.
Former Ondo State JNC Chairman and current NCSU Deputy President, Comrade Sunday Adeleye is likely to lead the State NLC in the next dispensation.