- Breaking: Four confirmed dead in Ondo Boat mishap, 19 injured
- APC Congress: Rep Adefisoye congratulates Adetimehin, lauds his leadership qualities
- How Akeredolu helped us achieved hitch-free Congress in Ondo —APC
- SUN Award: APC Assembly Hopeful Adewole ‘Major Dee’ celebrates Betty Akeredolu
- Ondo APC Congress: Your victory gladdens our Heart —Babatunde Kolawole to Adetimehin
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
The Ondo State Police Command has confirmed that an aggrieved boyfriend, Deji Adenuga aka Davar, has allegedly set a family of nine on fire at Igbodigho in Okitipupa Local Government Area of the State.
SUNSHINETRUTH learnt that Adenuga was said to have been jilted by his girlfriend, Titi Sanumi, prompting him to set her family house ablaze in the middle of the night with nine members of the family asleep.
Five members of the family died while others were injured as the man reportedly fled after the attack on the Sanumis’ family house.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that the girlfriend was not at home when the estranged boyfriend came to set the house ablaze and the injured family members rushed to Trauma Hospital, Ondo, where they were receiving treatment.
The Okitipupa Police Division in a signal to the state Police Command Headquarters in Akure, which confirmed the story.
The information contained in the signal said a man, Alade Victor, came to the station to report the incident of arson and murder that took place in the early hours of yesterday.
Police report says nine family members, who were occupants of a house, including Victor’s 45-year-old brother, Alade Glory, were set ablaze in their one room apartment at Adetuwo Street in Igbodigho.
The police report said five of the victims had been confirmed dead.
The police said the suspect had fled the community to avoid arrest but police were on his trail.