- Covid-19 vaccination: Ondo govt to ban workers from Nov. 1
- Implications of Nnamdi Kanu’s prosecution by Buhari’s govt —Afenifere
- Just In: Court convicts NSCDC officer for using fake Certificate
- Federal Poly, Ileoluji holds First Matric for Akure Centre students, SIWES orientation Oct 21
- EndSARS Memorial Day: Peaceful protest in Akure as Police Boss reacts
A man identified as Uwani Danjuma has allegedly murdered his wife because she said she will marry another man after his death.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that the incident occurred at Uddu Village in the Rijau Local Government Area of Niger state.
Danjuma, in his confessional statement to the Police, said his wife had told him when he was sick few weeks ago that if he died, she would re-marry.
Angered by those words, Danjuma attacked and killed his wife with a cutlass after he got well.
Confessing to the crime, the suspect said his wife was sleeping when he carried out his heinous crime saying he purposely killed his wife because of her comment to him.
“I can’t imagine my own wife telling me that if I died, she will remarry. I lost my temper and inflicted injuries on her neck with matchete which led to her death.”
“I am not regretting killing her since she wanted me to die, I killed her so that she will not remarry. She should not have said that to my hearing, there is power in the spoken words; so let her go. Allah will send her to hell fire for that unguarded comment.”
The Niger State Command’s Police Public Relations officer, Mr Mohammad Abubakar, said the suspect was arrested based on tip off adding that he had confessed to the crime.