- Covid-19 vaccination: Ondo govt to ban workers from Nov. 1
- Implications of Nnamdi Kanu’s prosecution by Buhari’s govt —Afenifere
- Just In: Court convicts NSCDC officer for using fake Certificate
- Federal Poly, Ileoluji holds First Matric for Akure Centre students, SIWES orientation Oct 21
- EndSARS Memorial Day: Peaceful protest in Akure as Police Boss reacts
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
As Christians commemorate 2019 Easter Celebration, the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Ondo State Council, on Friday enjoined the faithful to emulate the virtues of love, sacrifice, forgiveness, humility, courage and endurance of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In a Press Statement signed by the NUJ Chairman, Adetona Aderoboye and the General Secretary, Leke Adegbite , the Union believes that the death and resurrection of Christ embodied and remarkably demonstrated His sacrifice for mankind, hence the need for all to always show love and forgive one another in our daily engagements.
The NUJ Easter Message also advises Christians to use this season to renew the spirit of brotherhood and good neighbourliness for a peaceful and united society.
NUJ commends President Muhammadu Buhari for signing into law the N30,000 new National Minimum wage bill for workers, urging government and private employers including Media Owners across the country to ensure proper and immediate implementation of the new wage for their employees.
The Pen Professionals pray and extend heartfelt condolences to the family, the people of Owo kingdom and Ondo State over the demise of the highly Cerebral monarch, Olowo of Owo, Oba David Folagbade Olateru-Olagbegi.
Ondo NUJ pleads with our christian brethren to use this period of Easter Celebration to pray fervently for a peaceful, prosperous and more united Nigeria.