- Covid-19 vaccination: Ondo govt to ban workers from Nov. 1
- Implications of Nnamdi Kanu’s prosecution by Buhari’s govt —Afenifere
- Just In: Court convicts NSCDC officer for using fake Certificate
- Federal Poly, Ileoluji holds First Matric for Akure Centre students, SIWES orientation Oct 21
- EndSARS Memorial Day: Peaceful protest in Akure as Police Boss reacts
Senator representing Ondo North District in the National Assembly, Professor Ajayi Boroffice, has officially declared his ambition to run for the position of Deputy Senate President.
Boroffice made intention known in a terse letter written to his colleagues at the red chamber, seeking their support for the plum job.
The letter personally signed by Senator Boroffice and sighted by DAILY POST on Tuesday, read in part, “With an excellent public service record, rich legislative experience and amiable personae, I consider myself the best candidate for the office of Deputy Senate President.
“In spite of our different backgrounds, religious beliefs and political inclinations, the business of National law-making has pulled us together as friends and colleagues.
“In this light, I humbly seek your cooperation, support and prayers in this election. Together we shall succeed.”