- Covid-19 vaccination: Ondo govt to ban workers from Nov. 1
- Implications of Nnamdi Kanu’s prosecution by Buhari’s govt —Afenifere
- Just In: Court convicts NSCDC officer for using fake Certificate
- Federal Poly, Ileoluji holds First Matric for Akure Centre students, SIWES orientation Oct 21
- EndSARS Memorial Day: Peaceful protest in Akure as Police Boss reacts
By: Ade Adeleke
The Governor of Ondo State , Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN, has described as a huge loss, the passage of Olowo of Owo, Oba David Victor Folagbade Olateru-Olagbegi.
Akeredolu, who condoled with the late monarch’s immediate family, the people of Owo kingdom and indeed the entire citizens of Ondo State, noted that the sunshine state had lost one of its most cerebral royal fathers who combined deep intellectual capacity with admirable traditional flamboyance.
A statement signed by the State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr Yemi Olowolabi quotes the governor to have said, “a law scholar of no mean repute, the late Olowo was a devout Christian whose reign ignited a remarkable revival of Pentecostal evangelism in the legendary palace of Olowo of Owo”.
The Governor who is an indigene of Owo, also observed that in spite of the late monarch’s commitment to Christianity, the rich, robust and transcendental culture and traditions of Owo kingdom flourished under his leadership, just the same same Owo witnessed unprecedented development and all-round peace.
“On behalf of the government and the good people of Ondo State, Arakunrin Akeredolu thanks President Mohammadu Buhari, other state Governors and indeed distinguished Nigerians from all walks of lives for their condolence messages and comforting calls over the loss of this great son of Ondo State”.