- Covid-19 vaccination: Ondo govt to ban workers from Nov. 1
- Implications of Nnamdi Kanu’s prosecution by Buhari’s govt —Afenifere
- Just In: Court convicts NSCDC officer for using fake Certificate
- Federal Poly, Ileoluji holds First Matric for Akure Centre students, SIWES orientation Oct 21
- EndSARS Memorial Day: Peaceful protest in Akure as Police Boss reacts
The Federal Government has declared Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22, Public Holidays to mark the 2019 Easter celebration.
Mr Georgina Ehuriah, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, announced the holiday in a statement quoting the minister on Wednesday in Abuja.
The Minister of Interior, Lt.- Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, who made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government, enjoined all Christians to emulate the exemplary attributes of Jesus Christ amongst which are tolerance, love and peaceful co-existence.
He urged all Nigerians home and abroad to use the occasion to pray for the peace, unity and progress of our great country, irrespective of diversity in religious beliefs.
Dambazau wished all Nigerians a happy and peaceful Easter celebration.
He further called on them to support the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in its determination to take the country to the next level.(NAN)