- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
The Ondo State Government views, with grave concern, the latest attempt by some unscrupulous persons to create panic through the hoarding of PMS, fuel.
This assault on decency is coming at a time when the NNPC continues to reiterate facts on the availability of the product. Nigerians have been assured of regular supply of the product and this Government has no reason to disbelieve the organisation.
It is against this backdrop that the Government warns, sternly, all petrol dealers in the State, to desist from any unpatriotic acts which may inflict pains on the people. We, on our part, will resist and sanction any untoward practice, conceived and/or executed, to engender hardship in the Ondo State.
Consequently, the Government directs all filling stations operating in the State to open same forthwith. Any dealer caught hoarding fuel will be arrested and prosecuted.
The business premises affected shall be sealed. Any attendant caught selling petrol above the regulated pump price, under any guise, will be arrested and prosecuted.
In a similar vein, the law enforcement agents are enjoined to arrest any person found hawking fuel in containers of any shape.
Dr Doyin Odebowale
SSA, Special Duties & Strategy