- 2023: Women can become President, Governors in Nigeria —FOMWAN, as Ondo holds 11th Conference
- 2023: Our supporters shouldn’t die because of us —Makinde attends Fayose Son’s wedding
- PDP Convention: Scandal hits Adoke’s screening committee
- How Two pupils were kidnapped inside mother’s Car —Ondo Police
- Reps member Makinde, Wife, DROMI put smiles on faces of Widows in Ondo
By: Sunshine Truth
The Independent National Electoral Commission, yesterday fixed the governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa States for November 2nd 2019.
INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Voter Education and Information, Mr Festus Okoye, announced this in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.
The statement, which was shared on the verified Twitter handle of INEC revealed the schedule and timetable of activities for the governorship election in the two states.
Part of the statement read, “The official notice for both elections will be issued on August 1, 2019, while political parties that intend to sponsor candidates are to hold their primaries for the nominations of such candidates from 2nd-29th August 2019.
“Campaigns by political parties in public shall commence on 2nd August 2019 and end on 31st October 2019.”