- Breaking: Four confirmed dead in Ondo Boat mishap, 19 injured
- APC Congress: Rep Adefisoye congratulates Adetimehin, lauds his leadership qualities
- How Akeredolu helped us achieved hitch-free Congress in Ondo —APC
- SUN Award: APC Assembly Hopeful Adewole ‘Major Dee’ celebrates Betty Akeredolu
- Ondo APC Congress: Your victory gladdens our Heart —Babatunde Kolawole to Adetimehin
By: Ade Adeleke
The Senate has passed the Nigerian Police Trust Fund Bill (HB 1583).
Recall that President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki had, last week assured the Inspector General of Police, Mr Mohammed Abubakar Adamu, that the Senate would fast-track its work on both the Police Trust Fund Bill and the Police Reform Bill.
Today, the upper chambers approved the bill at its plenary in Abuja.
Reacting to the Senate’s passage of the Bill, which has also been passed by the House of Representatives, Saraki, on Tuesday, said: “By passing this bill, we will be creating big strides towards providing and improving security and the policing in our country”.
“One of the major concerns has always been the issue of funding. We believe that this bill will provide the funding needed for training and recruitment. I am confident that by the time we lay the report on the Police Reform Bill, we would have gone a long way in moving the police in the right direction,” the Senate President said.