- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
Following Monday’s bloody bank robbery at Idoani in Ose local government area of Ondo state, residents of Akokoland, neighbouring communities to Ose Council area were in a rude shock this morning when commercial banks in Ikare and some other parts of the area shut down their doors to customers.
Some of them who spoke with SUNSHINE TRUTH at Ikare Akoko attributed the closure of banks to fear of armed robbery attacks.
They lamented that there was an apprehension everywhere, because of fear of unknown.
One of them, a trader Mrs Aina Ayoola said, “we just got to this place this morning, like four banks in this area in Ikare are shut without any explanation from the authorities to customers; No transaction is going on in this bank now”.
A banker who refused to mention his name attributed to yesterday’s bank robbery at Idoani where some people lost their lives.
A customer who came from Akunnu Akoko to Ikare to carry out transactions, Mr Micheal Bello expressed his dissapointment and called on security agents to beef up security in the area to prevent another bank armed robbery.