- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
19 road users were today killed when a truck veered off of the road in Katsina state, a Federal Road Safety Corps official has confirmed this weekend.
“The accident happened around 7:00 am (0600GMT) on Friday when the driver lost control due to fatigue and overloading,” Ibrahim Abdullahi of the Federal Roads Safety Commission told AFP.
“We evacuated 19 dead bodies and 38 injured passengers,” he said.
The accident happened at Daudawa village, 130 kilometres south of the state capital.
The truck was travelling from nearby Zamfara State.
Last week, 13 people were killed on a road in northern Bauchi state.