- Covid-19 vaccination: Ondo govt to ban workers from Nov. 1
- Implications of Nnamdi Kanu’s prosecution by Buhari’s govt —Afenifere
- Just In: Court convicts NSCDC officer for using fake Certificate
- Federal Poly, Ileoluji holds First Matric for Akure Centre students, SIWES orientation Oct 21
- EndSARS Memorial Day: Peaceful protest in Akure as Police Boss reacts
By: Ade Adeleke
The Anglican Bishop of Ondo Diocese, Akure, Bishop Simeon Borokini has expressed shock and dismay over the armed robbery attack on the Church’s office at Alagbaka Akure where the diocese’s Bursar, Mr Gabriel Abiodun was brutally killed by three unknown gunmen.
Speaking with newsmen at the scene of the incident on Thursday, Bishop Borokini said the attack on the Church’s office where the Bishop also uses, was a clear indication that nobody was saved again in the State.
The clergyman who spoke through the Bishop Administrative Assistant, Venerable blessing Aregbesola, expressed concern how the Bursar, a father of four children was murdered inside his office after the armed robbers trailed him from a new generation bank with a corolla car.
Bishop Borokini who said security operatives had been investigating the killing of the 58year-old late Gabriel Abiodun, called on them to ensure the perpetrators were brought to book very soon.
“We are sad, we are concerned that such ungodly and devilish act could be perpetrated in the house of God. A fine gentleman. He has been working with the Church for about 8years, he is 58years and he has four children”.
Confirming, the state Police Public Relations officer, Mr Femi Joseph said the three gunmen escaped with a sum of five hundred thousand naira the deceased’s collected from the first generation bank and gave an assurance that the perpetrators would soon be arrested.