- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has disowned one Mr Segun Adewale who is parading himself as the party’s Chairman in Lagos State.
In a statement issued in Akure and signed by Dr Eddy Olafeso, National Vice Chairman (South West) said Adewale is not a member of the PDP and he could not have been the Chairman of the party.
Below is the full text of Press Statement:
SEGUN ADEWALE’S CLAIM
We take due cognisance of a statement by Mr Segun Adewale to the effect that he is now the Chairman of PDP in Lagos State and thus declare firmly that he is not a member of our Party in any ramification, and thus cannot in all seriousness be our State Chairman in Lagos.
It is important underscore the fact that the said Segun Adewale did contest the last Ekiti State Gubernatorial election on the platform of ADP, therefore to that extent, still a member of that Party as far as we know.
The PDP is a very structured Party governed by set down laws and not one where any upstart can walk into and take mantle of leadership at will.
For the avoidance of doubt, Segun Adewale is not a member of our Party and remains absolutely extraneous to us, particularly in Lagos State.
We therefore warn him to desist from making such outlandish claim again as any such further action will necessitate commencement of legal actions against him.
Dr Eddy Olafeso,
National Vice Chairman