- Covid-19 vaccination: Ondo govt to ban workers from Nov. 1
- Implications of Nnamdi Kanu’s prosecution by Buhari’s govt —Afenifere
- Just In: Court convicts NSCDC officer for using fake Certificate
- Federal Poly, Ileoluji holds First Matric for Akure Centre students, SIWES orientation Oct 21
- EndSARS Memorial Day: Peaceful protest in Akure as Police Boss reacts
By: Ade Adeleke
The mysterious mango tree where the Senior Prefect of Ijo Mimo High School, Akure, Temitayo Oluwole, fell and died when he was plucking mango has been brought down on Monday.
The tree was cut off by the officials of the State government and the School’s authorities when it was reported in the media that three other students had lost their lives in the past in the same circumstance.
The mango tree was cut off on the order of the state Commissioner for Education, Mr. Femi Agagu, following the visit of the state government’s offivials and representatives of relevant education agencies, associations.
On a female teacher Mrs Kura who allegedly sent the deceased, report says she has reported at the Ala police station for interrogation.
The teacher is said to be on the run, for fear of arrest or being lynched by protesting students and parents at the school as at Monday.
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Femi Joseph, had threatened that the command would declare the suspected teacher wanted if she failed to report at the police station for interrogation.
The PPRO explained that the school Principal, Mr. Olaoye, had reported at the police station for interrogation by detectives.