- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
A 22- year old man, Mr. Alex-Chukwuezie of Umuanasa clan, Ubahuekwem in Ihiala local government area of Anambra State jolted his neighborhood as he committed suicide on a family mango tree.
Reason for the suicide has not been ascertained, even as the people said his action was a surprise.
However, one of their neighbours attributed his action to what he called spiritual effect, recalling that there had been recurring suicide incidents that had plagued the family over the years.
Until his death, the deceased was an active youth in Umuezekwe political ward in Ihiala.
The deceased who was single and unemployed, was said to have completed his Senior School Certificate examination, with the hope of going into business soon.
It was also gathered that an uncle of the deceased also died at the same age of 22 some decades ago.
After his death, the family was said to have subjected its members to spiritual cleansing to avert reoccurrence of the unfortunate incident in the family.
It was gathered that the body of the deceased had been thrown into the thick forest according to Igbo traditional rights.
Confirming the incident, the Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Harunna Muhammed said the police had commenced investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the unfortunate incident