- Breaking: Four confirmed dead in Ondo Boat mishap, 19 injured
- APC Congress: Rep Adefisoye congratulates Adetimehin, lauds his leadership qualities
- How Akeredolu helped us achieved hitch-free Congress in Ondo —APC
- SUN Award: APC Assembly Hopeful Adewole ‘Major Dee’ celebrates Betty Akeredolu
- Ondo APC Congress: Your victory gladdens our Heart —Babatunde Kolawole to Adetimehin
By: Ade Adeleke
Meet 22 Year-old Traditional ruler, Regent Taiwo Oyebola Agbona, She Is A Young Lady Who Must Always Dress Like A King
Young Regent Taiwo Oyebola Agbona rules Aaye Town near Akure in Ifedore Local government area of Ondo state in place of the King.
The Regent was crowned in 2017, to rule until the traditional chief chooses the next King
Regent Taiwo Oyebola Agbona must always dress like a King to properly play the role of a ruler.
The idea of a female King ruling a town in Nigeria is not common, but it is not unheard of. This young beauty, Regent Taiwo Oyebola Agbona, is proof that this idea exist, since she has been doing this for a year.
Regent Taiwo Oyebola Agbona had been crowned in 2017, to temporarily take the throne of her ancestors until the traditional chief that appoints Kings (Afobaje) chooses one through the guidance of their ancestors.
It was gathered that the Regent was chosen due to the fact that she is the first girl child. She was crowned to take the throne after, the Alaaye of Aaye Oba Agbona Orimori 11, passed and joined his ancestors on May 4, 2017.
The Regent had graduated from Achievers University in Owo, Ondo. She had studied medical laboratory science.
According to online information, the Regent is forbidden to kneel to any human being, she is not allowed to eat in public, she must not have sex and must always wear royal attire for Kings.
Culled from Facebook page.