- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
A Group, Akoko Youth Advocacy For Good Governance has called on the Governor of Ondo State, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN to Immortalise the late Governor of the State, Chief Adebayo Adefarati in view of his enormous contributions to the development of the state.
The group in a statement signed by its National Coordinator, Dimeji Komolafe and Publicity Secretary, Yinka Ajagunna urged Governor Akeredolu to as a matter of necessity name an institution after the 5th republic governor.
The Akokos noted that the Late Chief Adefarati was an astute politician of progressive ideology who toed the path of honour by investing in human development, wondered why he is yet to be immortalised by the state government.
The group reminded Gov. Akeredolu that Late Chief Adefarati deserved to be immortalised just like other past civilian governors who have been immortalised.
Recently, the Governor proposed that the state University in Okitipupa be renamed after a former civilian governor, Late Dr Olusegun Agagu who died after Chief Adefarati.
Another higher institution in the state located in Akoko had been named after the late Owo-Born politician, Chief Adekunle Ajasin, this the Akoko group wants the state government to balance by naming an institution of repute after the late Akoko-born politician.