- 2023: Women can become President, Governors in Nigeria —FOMWAN, as Ondo holds 11th Conference
- 2023: Our supporters shouldn’t die because of us —Makinde attends Fayose Son’s wedding
- PDP Convention: Scandal hits Adoke’s screening committee
- How Two pupils were kidnapped inside mother’s Car —Ondo Police
- Reps member Makinde, Wife, DROMI put smiles on faces of Widows in Ondo
By: Ade Adeleke
Super Eagles of Nigeria on Tuesday beat Pharaohs of Egypt one-zero in an international friendly match played in Asaba, Delta State.
Pharaohs of Egypt head coach, Javier Aguirre has given reason why the Liverpool henchman, Mohammed Salah was not in the squad that played against the Super Eagles in the friendly match saying that he’s trying to use the match to sample out other upcoming players in his team.
The Pharaohs coach told journalists at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba that apart from Salah, there are other players like West Brom’s central defender Ahmed Hegazi and Aston Villa’s winger Ahmed Elmohamady who didn’t make it to Asaba.
He said, “I decided not to bring Salah and other players because I want to watch other new players. I just want to use these friendlies with Niger Republic and Nigeria to watch new players I am looking forward to including in my squad for the 2019 AFCON.
“Salah is an important player no doubt but it was my decision to leave him out in order to watch other upcoming players. I have about six to seven players from the local league in the squad to let them know that it’s a big responsibility to be in the national team. And also, sometimes the young players need exposure to the players that are more experienced. To be honest, the guys so far are doing very well in and out the team and I’m happy for them”.