- Covid-19 vaccination: Ondo govt to ban workers from Nov. 1
- Implications of Nnamdi Kanu’s prosecution by Buhari’s govt —Afenifere
- Just In: Court convicts NSCDC officer for using fake Certificate
- Federal Poly, Ileoluji holds First Matric for Akure Centre students, SIWES orientation Oct 21
- EndSARS Memorial Day: Peaceful protest in Akure as Police Boss reacts
The troops of 32 Artillery Brigade has commenced a 3 day intensive Clearance Operation at kidnappers hideouts within Owo and Ose Local Government areas which are being used for various nefarious activities such as collection of ransoms from kidnapp victims, rape and other sundry crimes.
.The Operation is aimed at ensuring safety of travellers along Owo and Ose roads and also to complement the ongoing efforts of the joint security agencies in the State to curtail the activities of kidnappers and other criminal elements.
You will recall that some kidnap victims were released a few days back after a shootout with some of the kidnappers and also the arrest of two suspects who are currently undergoing interrogation.
Members of the public within these localities are advised not to panic as the massive deployment is to checkmate the activists of these hoodlums while creating a conducive environment for the communities to carryout their legitimate activities.
All useful information on the movements of the kidnappers and their collaborators should be forwarded to the following emergency numbers: 09030002151 09030002161.
Major Ojo Adenegan
Assistant Director Army Public Relations.