- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
A former governor of old Ondo state, Evangelist Bamidele Olumilua is dead.
A close member of his family in Ekiti confirmed he died in the early hours of today.
Olumilua died at his country home, Ikere Ekiti.
The news of Olumilua’s death was broken in the early hours of today by his son, Muyiwa Olumilua who is also the Commissioner for Information and Values Orientation in Ekiti State.
Olumilua who was governor of Ondo State from January 1992 to November 1993 died at the age of 80 years.
His remains has been transported to the morgue at Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital in Ado Ekiti.
He died at the age of 80 just about two months after celebrating his birthday on April 13th, 2020.
He was elected on the Social Democratic Party (SDP) platform.
He was forced to leave office when the military regime of general Sani Abacha took power.
His deputy governor was late Olusegun Agagu, who later became Governor of Ondo State from 29 May 2003 until February 2009 while former Governor Olusegun Mimiko served as a commissioner for Health under Olumilua as members of the SDP.
He was the Chancellor, Ekiti State University until his death.
In August 2005, the PDP stated that he was no longer a member of the party. He later became one of the founding members of the Action Congress (AC) party, formed in 2006 and founding member of the ruling APC.
Culled: Wikipedia & SUNSHINETRUTH