- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has announced that it will hold its gubernatorial primary on July 22, 2020 for the October 10 Ondo State governorship election.
The PDP primary will come two days after that of the ruling APC slated for July 20.
The was contained in the programme schedule of the party signed by National Organising Secretary of the party, Col. Austin Akobundu(retd) and made available to newsmen in Akure, the state capital.
According to Col. Akobundu, the gubernatorial primary election would be conducted by the party’s Gubernatorial Electoral Committee.
The primary election is in preparation for the governorship election holding in the state on October 10, 2020.
Independent National Electoral Commission, had yesterday stated that there was no plan to postpone the governorship elections earlier scheduled in Edo and Ondo states.
The PDP primary election schedule revealed that the last day for the submission of the names of the governorship candidate and the deputy candidate to the INEC is on Tuesday, July 28, 2020.
According to the programme schedule, the last day for withdrawal and replacement of withdrawn candidate(s) by National Working Committee of the party is August 18, 2020.