- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
APC UNITY FORUM ELDERS SACK ALI OLANUSI, DISBANDS HIS COMMITTEE
ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC)
ONDO STATE UNITY GROUP ELDERS FORUM
Gentlemen of the Press,
Rising from our meeting dated 11th of May 2020, issues of Ondo State 2020 Gubernatorial election vis a vis the activities of Ondo state APC Unity Group’s selection of a single Aspirant which has been on for some months was properly deliberated upon.
While appreciating God for His infinite mercies over our country Nigeria, and by extension Ondo state during this COVID-19 pandemic, we also appreciate President Mahamudu Buhari, the APC National leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the National Chairman of our great party (APC) Comrade Adams Oshiomhole for their efforts in given us sterling leadership during this trying times in our national history.
You will recall that, the Fifty Two (52) Special Purpose Committee of Ondo APC Unity Group set up a Seven (7) Man Aspirant Screening Committee, whose members especially the Chairman and Secretary were singlehandedly picked by H.E Alhaji Ali Olanusi in defiance to the observation of the members of the Fifty Two (52) Special Purpose Committee of Ondo APC Unity Group, they even complained about the composition of the Seven (7) Man Aspirant Screening Committee members
In view of the high numbers of Aspirants in Unity Group, the Seven (7) Man Aspirant Screening Committee was given the assignment to interface with the aspirants on behalf of the Fifty Two (52) Special Purpose Committee of Ondo APC Unity Group to ascertain their qualifications and readiness to govern Ondo state and thereafter revert back to the house with their report.
On our part, we observed with keen interest as follows:
That Alhaji Ali Olanusi deliberately manipulated the selection of the members of the Seven (7) Man Aspirant Screening Committee to propagate his personal agenda, which is to pave way for PDP total takeover of South West Nigeria before 2023 presidential election.
That the Four out of the seven man committee was earlier alleged of bribery and corruption during the process of their assignment by some aspirants and leaders of Unity group.
That the Secretary and other two members (H. E Mrs Kemi Iyantan and Prince Solagbade Amodeni) of the Seven (7) Man Aspirant Screening Committee were sidelined in the preparation of the said report, only the Chairman and three others that are Alhaji Ali Olanusi’s cronies prepared the purported report.
That without recourse to the Fifty Two (52) man Special Purpose Committee of Ondo APC Unity Group who they said assigned the Seven (7) Man Aspirant Screening committee, Alhaji Ali Olanusi singlehandedly approved their report and dispatched copies of the purported report put together by the four man (instead of seven) committee to National secretariat of APC in Abuja and National Leader Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu.
In view of the above and many other shortcomings, our resolution is a follows:
1. Aligning with the position of the Nine(9) out of Ten(10) APC Unity Group Aspirants and in the interest of fair play, H.E Alhaji Ali Olanusi is hereby removed as the Chairman of All Progressives Congress Unity Group in Ondo state, for his high handedness and manipulative tendencies.
2. The Seven man Aspirant Screening Committee is hereby disbanded, and their purported Report hereby declared NULL and VOID.
3. To avoid vacuum, an interim management committee is hereby put inplace with immediate effect to oversee the affairs of All Progressives Congress Unity Group in Ondo state.
God Bless Ondo State APC,
God Bless APC National,
God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
High Chief S. A. Idris
(Ondo APC Unity Group Elders Forum).
Chief Bayo Olafusi
(Ondo APC Unity Group Elders Forum).