- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
Ondo state has recorded its first casualty from the COVID19 pandemic.
Commissioner for health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro confirmed this to Radio Nigeria in Akure.
Dr Adegbenro said the patient who was already receiving treatment at the state’s infectious disease hospital had an underlying challenge of renal failure which worsened his case and led to his death.
He said the deceased, a man, was one of those that came into the state from Lagos state after testing positive to Coronavirus.
Dr Adegbenro said his body would be buried in accordance with laid down rules by the NCDC.
The commissioner hinted that other COVID19 patients in the state were in stable condition.