- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
Ondo state governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has confirmed the fourth case of Coronavirus in the state, as imported by a police officer from Lagos.
The governor stated this on his Twitter handle this evening.
“Earlier today, I got news of another positive case of #COVID19 admitted to our facility in Akure. The case of this individual who is a police officer is unique.
“He was tested in Lagos but came to Ondo state while awaiting his results . Upon receiving a positive result, he claimed to have returned back to Lagos.
The governor said, “according to him (police officer), he waited a few days in Lagos to be picked up. When this failed, he panicked and rushed back to Akure for treatment.
“While we appreciate the confidence reposed in our facilities, We do find it most reckless on the part of the officer of the Law to risk the lives of others.
“I am most disappointed in the level of porosity of the entry points to the state. The police officer should know better. I have contacted the commissioner of police to double up on securing our entry points,” Akeredolu said.