- Guber polls: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins Dep Gov in PDP
- Klick Konnect firm, Ondo Govt shortlist Consumer Co-op Agents for Empowerment in 15 LGAs
- Why I shunned Ondo Speaker over Dep Gov's Impeachment —CJ
- PDP delegates' Bribery: Ondo Dep Governor's Camp breaks Silence
- Ondo Guber race: Angry PDP members protest, allege Faboyede, Dep Governor of doctoring Delegates' list
Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, immediate past Governor of Ondo State, has urged support for the needy as the Muslim faithful across the world begin the month of Ramadan
“Let’s be compassionate even when circumstances are dire, and give needed support to the most vulnerable among us.”
Mimiko, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, John Paul Akinduro, said this year’s Ramadan is an unusual one as no gathering of any form is allowed in order to prevent further spread of the Corona virus.
He said muslims must “use this period of fasting, in spite of the lockdown, to pray ceaselessly that Almighty Allah forgives us all our inquities, help put an end to Covid 19 and heal our land.”
The former Governor said “as we commence the Holy month of Ramadan, I rejoice with Muslim faithful across the country and remind us all to remember the poor and most vulnerable whose livelihoods have been halted by the pandemic.”
“I urge us all to use this Ramadan – MONTH OF MERCY, FORGIVENESS AND FREEDOM, to pray for those whose lives have been torn apart by the Corona virus pandemic. May the month of Ramadan usher in the required succor from the scourge of #COVID19 and peace to the world,” Mimiko said.