- APC leaders, Aketi’s SSA Eyiyato laud successful Congress at Ilepa wards 1 & 2 in Ikare Akoko
- @71: Hon. Joseph Akinlaja boosts Ondo Kingdom’s economy with N5m
- Aketi vs Jegede: PDP becoming Hungry Hyena, but…. —APC
- Akeredolu’s Roles in ‘Urbanising’ Akungba Akoko….by Ado Adeboye
- Ex-Defence Minister applauds FG over Medaville Estate Project in Akure
By: Ade Adeleke
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu today flagged-off of COVID-19 palliative distribution for the vulnerable people in Ondo state.
At ceremony held at the Government House, Alagbaka-Akure, Akeredolu who reemphasized the need to sustain the stay at home order and the medical medical tips said the beneficiaries included artisans, market women, commercial motorcyclists, widow, pregnant and nursing mothers
The governor observed that the stay at home order had negatively affected on many especially those who centered their daily bread on informal sector.
He warned the Committee on COVID-19 Palliatives against discrimination in the sharing of the relief materials across the 18 local government areas of the state.
Akeredolu noted that the palliatives were not for only members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) or the opposition, People’s Democratic Party (PDP), adding that he would not condone discrimination against non-APC members in the distribution.
He said not only APC members voted him to power or would vote in the future elections.
Earlier, the Chairman of Palliatives Committee, Pastor Akin Olotu explained that carbohydrate with protein needs of the beneficiaries had been fully considered.
Items distributed included full chicken, egg, rice, noodles, vegetable oil, water, soft drinks, beans, garri, salt and table water.