- Klick Konnect firm, Ondo Govt shortlist Consumer Co-op Agents for Empowerment in 15 LGAs
- Why I shunned Ondo Speaker over Dep Gov's Impeachment —CJ
- PDP delegates' Bribery: Ondo Dep Governor's Camp breaks Silence
- Ondo Guber race: Angry PDP members protest, allege Faboyede, Dep Governor of doctoring Delegates' list
- Ondo Assembly orders Chief Judge to set up Panel on Dep Governor's Impeachment
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Report says there is a serious panic among residents of Ijoka in Akure over the second positive case of Coronavirus in Ondo state which was brought to the state by a staff of the Muritala Muhammed, Airport, Lagos.
According to the Ondo state Epidemiologist, Dr Stephen Fagbemi who confirmed this to newsmen, the patient retuned to Akure after the pronouncement of total lockdown order in Lagos.
According to our reporter who visited Ijoka-Akure on Saturday, it was observed that people are in groups in front of their houses to discuss the issue with palpable apprehension.
One of them, Ayorinde Ojo said “since yesterday when the issue was being rumoured here at Ijoka, we have been in panic, we don’t know who the man has contacted here, God will save us o.”
ONDO CONFIRMS SECOND CASE
The Ondo state commissioner for health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro has confirmed a second case of Coronavirus in the state.
Adegbenro told SUNSHINETRUTH in Akure, that the victim, a middle aged man was shuttling between Akure and Lagos before the partial lockdown in the state.
He said already, all members of his family had been quarantined while government has also commenced the tracing of other contacts.
Adegbenro noted that the victim was in stable condition at the infectious disease hospital, along igbatoro road in Akure.
The commissioner enjoined the people of ondo state to adhere to all precautionary measures by government and medical experts COVID19, was real.