- Guber polls: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, join Dep Gov in PDP
- Klick Konnect firm, Ondo Govt shortlist Consumer Co-op Agents for Empowerment in 15 LGAs
- Why I shunned Ondo Speaker over Dep Gov's Impeachment —CJ
- PDP delegates' Bribery: Ondo Dep Governor's Camp breaks Silence
- Ondo Guber race: Angry PDP members protest, allege Faboyede, Dep Governor of doctoring Delegates' list
By: Ade Adeleke
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has directed the suspension of twenty five civil servants in Ondo state and their prosecution.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that the workers were alleged of defrauding the state and imputing fictitious figures into the civil servants’ payroll.
Confirming the governor’s order, his Senior Special Assistant on Special Duties, Dr Doyin Odebowale said one of the workers placed his wife who is not a civil servant on grade level 14 and paying her salaries.
According to Odebowale, they defrauded government of #104Million allocated for capital projects.
“We are here because of certain suspects, the Governor directed that we prosecute (them). In the civil service there has been this stealing going on undetected. They do it in several ways especially through staff list.
“We have people that imputed fictitious figures into the payroll. When the new Head of Service got into office, he put in place certain reforms to make us know those in actual service.
“We were able to discover that certain elements whose names appears on staff list were never employed. A particular man employed his wife and placed her on level 14. She never attended interview and she has been collecting salaries.
“One of them moved 104 million out of SUBEB account. We have other instances of other millions of naira moved. These were pure stealing. They have been suspended. They will be prosecuted and made to face disciplinary measures.”