- Election rigging: Akeredolu, APC take action to prosecute ex-Ondo SSG, Abegunde
- How I used Security, Spiritual channels to search for missing Boy —Prophet Sotitobire
- My take on Age falsification, law school scam and PDP disqualification card —Ondo Dep Gov
- Missing boy: Prophet Sotitobire in witness box at Ondo Court to defend self
- Recover Oyo NUJ property through Court —Police tell Babalola
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has settled unpaid two months of the seven months salary arrears owed political office holders by the immediate past administration of Dr Olusegun Mimiko.
According to Ojo Oyewamide, Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity in a Press Release, the balance will be paid in line with available resources.
Below is the full text of the Press Statement by the Governor’s Aide.
Today, two months of the seven months salary arrears owed political office holders by the immediate past administration were paid.
It is line with the belief of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN that the worker deserves his wages. This is even as Mr. Governor’s commitment to the welfare of all workers in the Public Service remains unwavering.
All other outstanding financial commitments of Government shall be prioritised and met in line with available resources.
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity