- Election rigging: Akeredolu, APC take action to prosecute ex-Ondo SSG, Abegunde
- How I used Security, Spiritual channels to search for missing Boy —Prophet Sotitobire
- My take on Age falsification, law school scam and PDP disqualification card —Ondo Dep Gov
- Missing boy: Prophet Sotitobire in witness box at Ondo Court to defend self
- Recover Oyo NUJ property through Court —Police tell Babalola
By: Ade Adeleke
Foremost Yoruba monarch and Chairman of Ondo State Council of Obas, His Imperial Majesty, Oba Frederick Eniolorunda Obateru Akinruntan, has called on the people of Ilaje in particular and other Nigerians in general to strictly follow various precautionary measures put in place by government to stop further spread of deadly Coronavirus ravaging all parts of the world.
Oba Akinruntan who is also the Olugbo of Ugbo has therefore put smiles on the faces of his subjects by distributing relief materials worth millions of naira to his people in Ilaje local Government area of Ondo State as part of palliatives to cushion the effects of stay at home ordered by government to prevent COVID-19.
Speaking at the event in his palace, the Richest Monarch in Nigeria, explained that the gesture was one of his numerous contributions to cushion the effect of the lockdown on his people.
Oba Akinruntan said the palliatives which included foodstuffs and cash, was also to complement the efforts of the state government led by Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (SAN) in helping the people to survive the current restriction to stop the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.
Olugbo commended Governor Akeredolu for his various people’s oriented achievements and initiatives to combat the Corona Virus in Ondo State.
He further sensitised the people on various preventive measures to protect themselves and stop the spread of the Pandemic.
Olugbo promised to do more to assist vulnerable people and support government in the battle to stop the spread of the deadly Covid-19.