- Defection: Why we won’t miss Dennis Alonge —Ondo PDP, welcomes two political Bigwigs
- Govt reacts as Two Residents drowned in Ondo River
- Crack in Ondo PDP as ex-Chair Candidate Alonge, Scores of PDP, ZLP leaders defect to APC
- No Amotekun Officer killed in Ondo —Commander
- Amotekun officer, Two others shot dead in Ondo
The Minister of State for Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Tayo Alasoadura
has expressed sadness over the Saturday’s explosion that occurred near Akure Airport on Akure-Owo highway, amidst the ravaging corona virus facing the world.
The Minister who represented Ondo Central in the National Assembly between 2015 and 2019, stated that the incident saddened him more so that the nation was equally battling deadly COVID-19.
Senator Alasoadura, in a Press Statement he personally signed, condoled victims of the explosion that rocked and damaged several property at Eleyowo/Iluabo axis of Akure/Owo road.
The Minister expressed the hope that the cause of the explosion would be thoroughly investigated by relevant agencies of government and their reports would be made public.
The Statement notes that appropriate monetary compensations would be given to victims of the blast by the government.
Alasoadura said “it was unfortunate that the incident happened at the very period the country is battling with the coronavirus scourge that is ravaging the world.”
The minister urged residents to follow government’s directives so that the blast site and its environs could be restored and made safe for all.