- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Ade Adeleke
The Nigerian Ambassador to Togo and governorship Aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), on Ondo state, Ambassador Sola Iji has called on government to compensate those who lost property and injured in Saturday’s explosion in Akure, on Akure-Owo road.
The APC chieftain sympathized with victims and the people of the state over the unfortunate massive explosion that rocked Akure/Owo expressway at the weekend.
Iji made his feeling known in a statement signed by the Director of Publicity of the Sola Iji Campaign Organization, Sola Aregbesola and made available to SUNSHINETRUTH in Akure on Sunday.
The Nigerian Ambassador expressed hope that the cause of the explosion will be thoroughly investigated by relevant Agencies of government and their reports be made public.
“The statement adds that appropriate monetary compensations be given to victims of the blast by government.
“Ambassador Iji said the process of compensation should be made a priority and must not be delayed.”
Already the federal government had directed the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to take stock of damaged property for appropriate compensation of the victims of the Akure blast.